Kumquats: Are They A Miracle Fruit?
While visiting a family friend at his home in Newport Beach, I noticed a rather large and very abundant fruit tree! It was full of what I thought were mini-oranges. I overheard my family mentioning the Kumquat tree and I decided to discover what pleasant surprises this baby orange thingie had for me. I had honestly never seen a Kumquat before moving to Los Angeles, and I was intensely curious.
I picked one off and began to peel it. "That's strange," I thought. "You definitely don't peel this fruit." I knew instinctively that the peel, being very thin is something you eat. I tasted the peel, "Hmm, bitter and sweet. I guess I'll just go for it and see what happens!"
I bit down hard, like eating a peach allowing all the nectar and fruity surprises to explode into my mouth. To my wild surprise, I was excited about the flavors I simultaneously experienced! I absolutely loved the intense sour juice that splashed through my cheeks, dashing around with the honey-sweet rind and hint of bitters. "What is this incredible delight?!" All flavors in one! As I was jibber-jabbering away trying to find the words to express my excitement and joy my father-in-law said, yeah! It's kinda like life!" Yes! It is life in one bite!
There is nothing I love more than eating healthy and exploring nature's best! I am passionate about discovering and incorporating miracle foods anyway I can into my diet and Kumquats pinned the tail on the donkey! It is a winner in my book! Here are some nutritional facts and reasons why I think indeed, it is a miracle fruit and everyone should eat them!
Kumquats are made up of a wide variety of essential oils like limonene, alpha-pinene, monoterpenes, and a few others. Kumquats also contain major sources of electrolytes (potassium and calcium), vitamin (A & C), beneficial fats (great for skin and hair), and fiber (Poop like a queen!) Wonderful right?
Here are the miraculous benefits streamlined!
- Aids in digestion - If you ever have trouble with your personal plumbing system, eat 5-10 of these mini-oranges and let the magic begin! Kumquats regulate your digestion. They also can reduce discomfort or eliminate altogether the following symptoms: constipation, excess gas, bloating, and cramping. But my favorite is that it can increase your nutrient intake! Who wouldn't want to get more from the food they are processing!
- Control Diabetes - Regularly eating Kumquats can help the insulin-glucose levels balance out throughout the body.
- Immune System Booster - Vitamin C is so easy for our body to absorb and use. Our body craves Vitamin C because it stimulates the growth of new cells. It's like a natural steroid for our immune system, protecting our body from infections, bacteria, and fungi. Heck yeah for Vita-C!
- Anti-Oxidant Skin Protector - Wrinkles, sun damage, and fine lines are a woman's worst enemy. The "free-radical" molecules floating around in your system waiting to decay (this means death of the glowy dewey look) are stopped and defeated by this miracle Kumquat's super antioxidant pharmacy! By eating Kumquats regularly, you provide for your body a rich source of anti-oxidants and essential oils for which your skin and hair will love you!
- Eye Health - Kumquats are a rich source of Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene excellent nutrients for eye health. Miraculous on a cellular level, these vitamins deeply penetrate your macular cells preventing and warding off cataracts and macular degeneration!
- Bone booster & Electrolyte - Calcium is a great source that the Kumquat provides to your beautiful bones and overall health. Calcium-rich foods help strengthen bones and help the circulation of energy throughout your entire nervous system.
- 2 in 1 - Energy booster and weight loss manager. These little miracle fruits fill you up with their natural carbohydrate load and give you power-packed energy! The best thing is you can fit a few of these in your pockets at a time!
I went for a walk while enjoying a few of my new Kumquat snacks and I literally experienced moments where I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I swear! I was walking through trees and then came to a clearing and saw water, my family was in front of me and everything was buzzing with life! Maybe it was these celestial, miracle fruits doing their restorative work in me or maybe my mindset practice is really paying off! Either way, I'm a believer that everyone should eat Kumquats and experience the pop of flavors and the miraculous buzz of life these "pucker-suckers" give!
About the Author
Leanne is a Certified Life and Success Coach in NLP & Time Line Therapy. She is also a mother of two, author, speaker and business intuitive. She's currently living in Los Angeles, CA with her film-producing husband.